Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the

evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1




15 June 2010

Two Weeks Notice

So, here it is. I've been tempted to start one of these for a while now; I just haven't had anything too exciting to write about. However, I believe things in my world are about to change. Big time.

This is my official "two weeks notice" for you: In exactly two weeks, five hours, and and forty-six minutes I will be preparing to board my first airplane in three years, a plane that will take me to another airport, where I will board another plane, which will eventually land me in the city of London.

For 36 days, I will be spending my time halfway around the world - and I couldn't be more excited. Or, wait... maybe that's not excitement I'm experiencing at the moment, maybe it's just nerves. I might as well admit that I'm nervous, too. And more than a little:

I have never been to Europe.
I am terrified of flying.
I do not know how to "pack light."

Okay, you're probably laughing at me, but thoughts like this keep running through my mind whenever I think about my upcoming trip.

On the other hand, (the one that's not shaking from nerves) I know that I'm getting the opportunity for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I absolutely can't wait to get over there and see it all.

In the meantime, between enjoying all the southern cooking and iced drinks that I can and crossing off items on my ever-growing "What to Get" and "What to Pack" lists, I'm going to do some planning. What good is traveling if you don't take full advantage of it?

I plan on going everywhere and seeing everything that I possibly can while I'm there.

For example, here's a little sneak peek at where I'll be venturing to first (after London, that is):

May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
May the rain fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about London!! What a place to be on 4th of July.
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete